Essentia Analytics is a FinTech company that is transforming the way that professional investors make investment decisions. Our behavioral analytics service, provided to the world’s top fund managers, is powered by machine learning technology and is proven to help our clients to make measurably better decisions, resulting in higher investment returns.
Here’s a 1.5-minute video by our CEO, explaining what we do.
The company and our team have won numerous awards and have been featured widely in the press. We have just recently won the best buy-side tech award and also placed in the Top 15 on UK's Best Workplaces in Tech 2021 Small.
Essentia has a very strong culture, based on authenticity and mutual respect. We have embraced flexible working since day one, and therefore place a high value on clear and timely communication. We are proud that our team includes people from a wide variety of ethnicities, age groups, genders, backgrounds, and interests. On the back of our success, we’re growing our team. We'd love you to join us!
You can learn more about Essentia at www.essentia-analytics.com and by following us on Twitter (@essentia_ai) and LinkedIn.
About the position:
We are seeking an experienced (associate-level) professional to join our small but high-achieving marketing and communications team to handle content development and production across our full range of materials and media, including print, websites, video, social media, and events (live and digital). This position will interface directly with all departments and levels of the firm, including executive leadership.
We are a young, dynamic company that is committed to excellence and delivering at the highest level of execution. If you’re seeking a challenging, fast-paced, flexible environment that will test your current skills and provide the opportunity to learn many new ones, you may be a great fit.
The person we’re looking for has:
- 4+ years of experience in financial services/fintech marketing/communications and/or financial journalism
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- A good eye for a clever, impactful presentation
- A proven ability to communicate sometimes technical financial information in clear, consistent terms
- A flexible, collaborative, can-do attitude; this position is deeply involved in every aspect of the marcomms organization, and interfaces directly with other departments across the company
- The maturity and capability to own critical projects and functions with minimal tactical oversight
- High interpersonal sensitivity
- Hands-on experience in and a proven aptitude for learning a wide range of digital marketing and communications tools and techniques (see below)
- A focus on metrics and continuous improvement
- A genuine curiosity and ability to understand what we do at Essentia and the particularities of the industry we operate in
- Bachelor’s degree
Specific areas of responsibility may be tailored to the ideal candidate's experience and expertise, but will include many/most of the following:
- Front-end maintenance and content development/production for two WordPress-based websites
- Content development/production of marketing collateral material (for web/digital display and print-ready pdf)
- Graphic design (at a minimum, preparing images and illustrations for presentation/publication)
- Writing and editing copy for publication/distribution across various channels: print, digital, email, social media, video, etc.
- Social media channel maintenance
- Management of various internal and external digital marcomms-related tools, including Vimeo video channel, internal document libraries, marketing automation/CRM tools, etc.
Prior experience of the following is desired:
- Word, Google Docs, or other enterprise collaboration-enabled word processing platform
- Wordpress website operation and management at an editorial/basic administrative level
- InDesign or other professional desktop publishing platform
- Photoshop or other professional image editing software
- Premiere Pro or other video editing platform
- Social media platforms (in particular, Twitter and LinkedIn) at an administrative level
- Salesforce or similar CRM tool (not required if you’re willing and able to learn this)
- Pardot or similar marketing automation tool (not required if you’re willing and able to learn this)
Essentia Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Essentia Analytics are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.