Platform & Application Support Engineer
Essentia Analytics is a FinTech company that is transforming the way that professional investors make investment decisions. Our behavioral analytics service, provided to the world’s top fund managers, is powered by machine learning technology and is proven to help our clients to make measurably better decisions, resulting in higher investment returns.
Here’s a 1.5-minute video by our CEO, explaining what we do.
The company and our team have won numerous awards and have been featured widely in the press. We have just recently won the best buy-side tech award and also placed in the Top 15 on UK's Best Workplaces in Tech 2021 Small.
Essentia has a very strong culture, based on authenticity and mutual respect. We have embraced flexible working since day one, and therefore place a high value on clear and timely communication. We are proud that our team includes people from a wide variety of ethnicities, age groups, genders, backgrounds, and interests. On the back of our success, we’re growing our team. We'd love you to join us!
You can learn more about Essentia at www.essentia-analytics.com and by following us on Twitter (@essentia_ai) and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a budding Platform & Application Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support to our colleagues via the web, email, chat, and other channels as required.
This position would suit someone with 2+ years of experience supporting systems using best practices and DevOps methodologies, who might be looking to "escape into start-up" and be a significant contributor within a small development team.
You will have the following responsibilities as part of this role:
- Investigate production issues as well as provide internal technical support on macOS and our SaaS tools
- Provide workarounds as well as permanent solutions
- Take ownership and see problems through to resolution
- Deploy updates and fixes to our platform
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Onboard and implement integrations with new clients
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
Do you have these skills and experiences to draw on?
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer either directly or indirectly via a Software Development role
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Team player
Any of the following would be a benefit:
- Familiarity with Python or another scripting language
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming concepts
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux like Operating Systems
- Familiarity with AWS or Terraform
- Familiarity with version control systems such as GIT
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture with direct access to our CEO, COO, and CTO.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Remote and flexible working options.
- Share options.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension contribution.
- Private healthcare.
- Monthly socials plus whole Company Summer and Holiday parties.
- Paid for relevant training and conference attendance.
We believe in equal employment opportunities for all and in providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage applicants of all ages and backgrounds.
If you'd like to work with us, apply now!
Please note that we are unable to sponsor visas at this time, you will need to already have the rights to work in the UK to be considered for our positions.