Essentia Analytics is a FinTech company that is transforming the way that professional investors make investment decisions. Our behavioral analytics service, provided to the world’s top fund managers, is powered by machine learning technology and is proven to help our clients to make measurably better decisions, resulting in higher investment returns.
Here’s a 1.5-minute video by our CEO, explaining what we do.
The company and our team have won numerous awards and have been featured widely in the press. We have just recently won the best buy-side tech award and also placed in the Top 15 on UK's Best Workplaces in Tech 2021 Small.
Essentia has a very strong culture, based on authenticity and mutual respect. We have embraced flexible working since day one, and therefore place a high value on clear and timely communication. We are proud that our team includes people from a wide variety of ethnicities, age groups, genders, backgrounds, and interests.
On the back of our success, we’re growing our team. We'd love you to join us!
You can learn more about Essentia at www.essentia-analytics.com and by following us on Twitter (@essentia_ai) and LinkedIn.
*Please note that we can only accept people who already have the right to work in the UK.
We are looking for a Finance Director who has overseen the international expansion of a SaaS startup to £20-30m+ revenues.
The ideal candidate must have experience in all the following:
- Building in-house finance and accounting function
- International cash management
- US financial reporting
- Payroll administration
- Development and monitoring of relevant financial KPIs to support objectives of the business
- Familiarity with startup tech businesses, and an understanding of operations across such a business
- Presenting financials in board meetings
- Working with angel and VC investors
- Tracking ROI on internal spend, and benchmark commercial and financial indicators against industry standards
- Managing budgeting processes, with appropriate levels of control and forecast vs actual analysis
The ideal candidate must be:
- ACA qualified
- Highly data-driven and process-oriented
- A quick learner
- Highly professional
- Internationally aware (eg. well-travelled)
- A technology enthusiast
- Salary to be discussed at the first point of contact after understanding the total number of working hours.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Remote and flexible working options.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension contribution.
- Private healthcare
- Monthly socials plus whole Company Summer and Holiday parties.
- Paid for relevant training and conference attendance.
If you think this is a great description of you, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your CV, with a cover letter that explains why you think you're the right person for the role.
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES: We are only taking direct applications for this role.