At Essentia, we’re a friendly bunch of ex-fund managers, neuroscientists, quants and engineers who are breaking new ground in the application of behavioural science to financial markets.
We enable our clients - investment professionals, portfolio managers and fund managers - to bring together rich data about their behaviour and thought-process, which we turn into compelling, actionable visualisations and insights. They then use this information to make better investment decisions, and ultimately, improve their fund performance.The company and our team have won numerous awards and have been featured widely in the press. We have just recently placed in the Top 15 on UK's Best Workplaces in Tech 2021 Small.
On the back of our success, we’re growing our team. We'd love you to join us!
We are looking for a Behavioural Specialist for our Product team, who wishes to play a strong contributing role in the development of our behavioural analytics platform.
Our product consists of two elements: an “Insight” platform and a “Nudge” platform. The Insight platform is a cloud-based web UX where clients and their internal coaches can discover, analyse and investigate their behavioural biases. We sometimes refer to this as the diagnosis phase of the customer journey.
The Nudge platform involves a menu of highly customisable notifications with calls to actions, tailored to each client based on the outcome of the Insight analysis. We sometimes refer to this as the treatment phase of the customer journey.
The Behavioural Specialist will be a technical behavioural science specialist responsible for ensuring that there is a consistent and robust application of behavioural principles and theories across all of our offering. This includes the diagnoses we offer, the treatments we suggest and the way we deliver the software to our clients
This position would suit someone with 3+ years of experience with a technical behavioural or psychology background. Whilst experience working on or around a product with a behavioural emphasis is preferable, someone who is excited by the prospect of breaking new ground in the treatment of behavioural bias in the investment industry will be a success in this role.
You will have the following responsibilities as part of this role:
● Ensuring that behavioural biases are robustly diagnosed and treated across our platform
● Ensuring that behavioural principles are applied across our platform in order to maximise ease of use and engagement for our clients
● Understand our customer personas and design optimal user journeys to cater to those
● Design nudge notifications (eg email, sms) to maximise engagement. Where appropriate, implement those designs
● Deliver feasibility assessments and develop proofs of concept for new features across the platform
● Working with the Product Managers to prioritise and execute on the features required to realise Essentia’s strategic vision for the Product
● Working with the Product team to produce research and white papers associated with behavioural biases in the fund management industry
● Continuously improving our internal practises and processes
Do you have these skills and experiences to draw on?
● 3+ years working in or around a product with a heavy behavioural or psychology emphasis
● Background in behavioural science, psychology, neuroscience or related field
● Passion for using technology to improve behaviour
Whilst not required, the following experience will be helpful in the role:
● Programming experience, especially working with python or html/handlebars
● Finance experience, particularly hedge funds and asset management
● Working in an Agile product development environment
We can only accept people who have the right to work in the UK.
If you think this is a great description of you, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your CV, with a cover letter that explains why you think you're the right person for the role.
Essentia Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Essentia Analytics are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages